The Inwave ID-200 reader can be purchased separately and mounted on the base of the antenna to offer full RFID Article Surveillance.
A Phenom Box can also be connected for traditional AM detection.
RFID for article surveillance is very similar to EAS RF system operating with labels:
- Detection rate about 80%
- Large label size for EAS detection (Example: 47x51mm, 98x12mm)
- Very sensitive to metal
- Inhibition on label overlapping
- Easy to remove
The main profit is the cost of the RFID be included in the logistic and commercial operation, so all the products can be protected with no EAS tagging extra cost
AM must be considered as an extra protection for high value products or products impossible to protect with RFID label. AM is the top secure technology for EAS.
- Detection rate > 90%
- Thin label size (Example: 45x6mm for cosmetics)
- Low sensitivity to metal (and MD300 foil-lined bags detection compatible)
- No inhibition on label overlapping
- Not easy to remove
- Hard tags and special protectors available
Even in the case AM is used as special protection the investment with AM label or AM tag will be considerably reduced when use as RFID’s complement.
✺ ID Guard can easily be part of a global RFID solution as a special reader to control and prevent loss.
If you are a RFID solution probider please check the following link to test the antenna and the response on your server.
✺ In case the store is new with RFID the ID Guard can operated in standalone mode.